The Fuller Foundation Story
Since 1987, The Fuller Foundation has helped individuals and organizations reach their specific financial and giving goals and has also played a key role in supporting one of the most influential seminaries in the world through more than $80 million in funding.
For more than six decades, Fuller Theological Seminary has been in the business of listening, learning and teaching in order to prepare leaders for the transformational work of the Kingdom of God. It is an international force with humble beginnings. The Fuller story begins just four years after America was introduced to the groundbreaking invention called radio. It was then that Charles Fuller seized the opportunity to reach millions by sharing what he called, “the glorious gospel” over the airwaves.
Stepping Into the Gap
Two decades later in 1947, with that same spirit of adventure, he launched a seminary with 39 students and four professors in a windowless side room of a local church. Firmly by his side were individuals who gathered coins, withdrew savings, and wrote checks to make this dream a reality. Men, women and organizations that stepped into the gap because they envisioned an army of educated thinkers and insightful ministers who would shape their worlds for Christ for generations to come.
The Fuller Foundation is proud to have joined forces with these dedicated supporters in helping to maintain and grow what has become the largest and perhaps most respected seminary in the world.